PYC is a fun place to work and we welcome applications from experienced and qualified individuals. Below are employment opportunities.
Junior Sailing Program Positions
Candidates should possess:
– US Sailing Level 1 Certification and CPR/First Aid (possible renewal during orientation week)
– Strong background in one-design, dinghy racing
– Prior coaching experience is given strong consideration
– Strong communication skills, enthusiasm and patience for working with kids and parents
– Set example in behavior, language, and Corinthian spirit for youth sailors
– Engaging ability to run lessons and debriefs, and impart knowledge of racing rules and tactics
– Exceptional boat-handling skills for 420’s and/or Opti’s
– Proficiency and safety when driving a small powerboat
– Organizational/lesson planning skills
– Regatta management skills: travel and manage youth race teams at regattas
– Ability and/or willingness to handle day-to-day boat/equipment maintenance and repairs as they come up
– Having a fun attitude and love of sailing make exceptional sailing coaches at PYC
Click here to apply .
Our boating season runs from May through mid-October. Full-time and part-time positions are available. Responsibilities include providing safe transportation to and from members’moored vessels using the Club’s launches. Cleaning boats, fueling, assisting with tie-ups, assisting with boarding, etc. are also part of the responsibilities. Rate of pay is $15/hr plus reimbursement for certification over a 3-year period. Contact: Heather Sheehan, Waterfront Manager, Portland Yacht Club, Cell: 518-570-9115 or email email@example.com
Food & Beverage Opportunities
Line Cook Position
The season runs mid- May through September. Full-time and part-time positions available. Lunch and/or Dinner shifts. Our private restaurant is looking for a professional Line Cook who can prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking a meal and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is essential for impressing our members. Contact Executive Chef, Stacie Blouin-Grondin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The season runs mid- May through September. Full-time or part-time positions available. Lunch and/or Dinner shifts. Our private restaurant is looking for a Dishwasher/Utility Person who works well with others while following sanitation guidelines in the kitchen. Responsibilities include:
• Operating the dish machine
• Supervising proper rinse and wash temperatures
• Changing water, storing and using dish chemicals properly
• Setting up and organizing the dish racks
• Removing trash
• Floor-sweeping and mopping
• Exhibiting teamwork
Contact Executive Chef, Stacie Blouin-Grondin: email@example.com
Dining Room Servers
The PYC Dining Room operates from mid- May through September. Full or part-time positions available. Lunch and/or Dinner shifts. Most weekends. We are looking for skilled Servers to take orders and deliver food and beverages to dining Members. Polite and gracious, PYC Servers are unique individuals. Their patience, personality, and perseverance uplift the Member’s experience. Responsibilities include: greeting and serving Members, providing detailed menu information, and multi-tasking front-of-the-house duties. You should be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Team to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly. Contact Executive Chef, Stacie Blouin-Grondin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clubhouse & Grounds Department
We are seeking a self-starter for this hands on position. This is a seasonal job-share position with one other Housekeeper, for 12-20 hours per week. Early morning start hours to be done by 9am.
PYC Housekeepers have an eye for detail and cover all aspects of cleaning the Club House from: Vacuuming, dusting and polishing; to washing bathrooms, showers, floors, baseboards, walls, windows and screens; Maintaining inventory of paper products and cleaning supplies . Sweeping & hosing down outdoor porches and loading recycling into bins are some of the responsibilities.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to figure out what needs to be done and how to do it.
Click here to apply .