The Club welcomes and encourages members to use the Club for parties, business meetings, weddings, and similar events. Within certain limitations, a member may also sponsor an event for a non-member — for example, a member could sponsor a wedding reception for a friend, or a meeting of an organization.
To begin, call the Club (207) 781-9820 ext. 13 and speak to Carol McEwen about the availability of the date or dates you have in mind.
Carol McEwen will contact you to discuss your details — location, size, estimated cost, decorations, etc. She will work with you to review and complete the Club Rental Policies & Procedures
Carol will also arrange for our Chef to discuss menu preferences with you. She will help you plan anything from casual hors d’oeuvres to a full-course sit-down dinner.
Here is more information about the various function rooms:
|First Floor||Mid-October – Mid-May||Cocktail Party: 150
Dining Room Only: 75
Dining & Great Room: 120
Theater Style: 80
(Not handicapped accessible)
|All Year||Cocktail Party: 75
Seated Dinner: 65
Theater Style: 60
|Chart Room||All Year||Seated Dinner: 7|
|Outside Tent||Mid-October – Mid-May||Cocktail Party: 150
Seated Dinner: 80
Theater Style: 100
- The second floor rooms are not handicap-accessible.
- Tent rental cost is extra. The Club will rent the tent; the cost will be charged to the renter.
- Rental Rates distinguish between “Member-hosted” and “Member-sponsored” events.
Member-Hosted: An event is “Member hosted” when:
• The Member pays the bill on his/her own behalf.
• The beneficiary of the event is the Member himself/herself; a member of his/her family; a close friend or associate; subordinate employees of the Member.
• The Member plays a lead role in planning and organizing the event.
• Attendees are invited by the Member host on his/her own behalf.
Member-Sponsored: An event is “Member-sponsored” when:
• The bill for the event is paid for by a non-Member or an organization not controlled by the Member.
• The beneficiary of the event is a non-Member, a business not controlled by the member, or an organization to which the Member merely belongs.
• The majority of attendees are invited by the non-Member, business, or organization.
4. Exceptions to Rental Charges:
- Organizations of boaters in which PYC members constitute a substantial portion of the membership – e.g., J/24 Fleet 43 – or Maine boating organizations to which PYC as a Club belongs, pay no rent, unless the event is a fund-raiser. For fund-raisers, they pay the Member-Hosted Rate with a 33% discount.
- Organizations associated with the Town of Falmouth or the Falmouth School System always pay the Member-Hosted rate with a 50% discount.
- Non-Profit Organizations receive a 20% discount unless the event is a fund-raiser. There is no discount for a fund-raiser.
- When a Member dies, the family may hold a memorial gathering without a rental charge. The family of a deceased former Member may request to hold a memorial gathering; the rent will be 50% of the Member-Hosted rate. A Member may request to hold a memorial gathering for a child, parent, or grandparent; the rent will be 50% of the Member-Hosted rate. In each case, costs for food, bartender, etc., will still apply.
- The total cost is based on the final number of expected guests, as reported not less than three days before the event. If unexpected circumstances cause the event to be over or under by 10% or more of the planned number, the cost will be adjusted accordingly.