2018 Thursday Night Racing
Our mission is to provide an opportunity for all sailors to participate in fun racing with friendly competition. The season kicks off Thursday, May 24 and ends Thursday, September 13. Racing starts at 18:00 and after Labor Day, as the daylight fades, races start at 17:30.
Thursday Night Racing Includes:
• All participants are welcome to join us on the dock and in the clubhouse after racing
• Launch service transport to and from Handy Boat is provided to participants
• Delicious BBQ food that is applied to member dining room minimum
• Non-members can purchase BBQ food after racing
• Committee boat staffed by experienced RC/boat handler and stocked with snacks, ice and non-alcoholic beverages– making it easy and fun to run races
• If you run a race, you’re scored first place for the night, along with the class winners
• Weekly and series prizes awards
Thursday Night Race Committee Volunteers:
The Thursday Night Races are upon us and we’re looking for a few good people to sign up. As we did last year, there will be a trained PYC instructor aboard the Lindsay Lord who is experienced running races. You will be scored a first place in the Thursday Night Race the night you run it. And finally, there will be snacks and non-alcoholic beverages provided. We recommend you have at least 3 people to man the committee boat.
The Sign-up Form for Race Committee Volunteer Duty will be posted soon.
Hope you can be a part of the fun!
Musicians generously donating their time and talents to entertain our members and guests, so please bring a bit of cash for the tip jar.