2019 Thursday Night Racing
Our mission is to provide an opportunity for all sailors to participate in fun racing with friendly competition. The season kicks off Thursday, May 23 and ends Thursday, September 12. Racing starts at 18:00 and after Labor Day, as the daylight fades, races start at 17:30.
Click here to register and download the sailing instructions:
Thursday Night Racing Includes:
• All participants are welcome to join us on the dock and in the clubhouse after racing
• Launch service transport to and from Handy Boat is provided to participants
• Delicious BBQ food that is applied to member dining room minimum.
• Non-members can purchase BBQ food after racing
• Committee boat staffed by experienced RC/boat handler and stocked with snacks, ice and non-alcoholic beverages– making it easy and fun to run races
• If you run a race, you’re scored first place for the night, along with the class winners
• Weekly and series prizes awards
Non-Member parking: Unfortunately, PYC has very limited parking and on busy race nights a parking attendant is posted at the entrance to check for member stickers. Fortunately, Holy Marty’s Church, nearby at 266 Foreside Road offers overflow parking Tuesday thru Thursday nights. Members are encourage to shuttle their crews. Click here for details.
Thursday Night Race Committee Volunteers:
The Thursday Night Races are upon us and we’re looking for a few good people to sign up. As we did last year, there will be a trained PYC instructor aboard the Lindsay Lord who is experienced running races. You will be scored a first place in the Thursday Night Race the night you run it. And finally, there will be snacks and non-alcoholic beverages provided. We recommend you have at least 3 people to man the committee boat.