We are celebrating our 150th Anniversary with lots of fun activities, including, a yearbook, special logo, merchandise, banner and much more. We plan to keep the celebration going throughout the year so check this page often
- Be sure to take a photo of yourself with family or crew in front of the 150th banner (that will be hung in front of the Club) or wearing some anniversary gear or celebrating our 150th in some way. Please email your digital photos to our web master Ann Blanchard (who wears many hats– Membership Officer and Club Photographer, to name a few!)
Past Commodore & Anniversary Committee Chair Kristen King and husband and PYC Volunteer, Dan King arrive for the Cannonball/Commissioning Celebration.
- The 150th anniversary book is distributed to all members, free of charge We have a limited supply of additional copies available for $36.25 plus tax if you wish to give them as gifts.
- Anniversary burgees for sale: $26 plus 5.5% Maine sales tax can be charged to your club account. It measures 26″ long by 10″ high and is identical in size to old PYC Cruise burgees. Supply is limited. We may start a wait list. If there is enough interest for reorder with a volume discount, we may start a wait list.
- Letter from the 150th Committee Chair and Past Commodore, Kristen King to the membership announcing the 150th year-long celebrations
- InterClub Regatta: As part of the Portland Yacht Clubs 150thAnniversary, a Committee, led by PYC Member-volunteer, Tim Tolford, was tasked to rededicate and resurrect the Casco Bay Interclub Regatta into a more inclusive racing event for all sailors within the confines of Casco Bay. This year, the regatta will be held at PYC on July 13th and is open to boats of greater Casco Bay.
- Click here for details.
- Visit the antique model yacht that was donated to the Club and now resides in the Trophy Room. See vintage photographs of M/V CAPRONIA during the period when PYC Clubhouse was located on Portland Harbor around the end of Prohibition and prior to the Great Depression. Member Dave White donated the antique model to the Club, period photographs and the yacht’s original decanter. Member Rebecca Morse volunteered to scan the historic photos and created this delightful pictorial book.
Many thanks to the following people who have contributed to the 150th celebrations: