PYC has parking for 110 to 120 vehicles, depending on use of spaces that are available but not marked. With 300 Full members, some limits must be placed on use of the parking lot when member demand for parking is high.
NOTE that parking is at the owner’s risk. PYC assumes no liability for damage to vehicles while parked on Club property.
The Goal of our policy is to maximize the availability of parking for all members. We begin by making a distinction between parking during peak hours and off-peak hours:
A. DEFINITION OF PEAK HOURS
- All day Saturday and Sunday (when weather is good)
- Tuesdays through Fridays after 4:00 PM
- All day during special events
- All day on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day
B. PARKING DURING PEAK HOURS
1. Only one car per member may park in the lot during peak hours.
2. Guests may not park during Peak Hours without a Guest Pass.
3. A member must request a Guest Pass for Guest parking or for a second member car during peak hours. A pass will not be granted at any time it appears that members will require all spaces, such as weekend days with sunshine. In other circumstances, the manager on duty may issue a pass for a limited, defined period of time.
C. PARKING DURING OFF-PEAK HOURS
1. During off-peak hours, members may have more than one car in the lot for short periods of time (for example, for lunch).
2. Guests do not require a parking pass during off-peak hours, provided they depart before peak hours begin.
In both cases, we ask the member to notify the Club Manager or manager on duty of the additional car(s) in the lot.
D. CRUISE PARKING
If you are going to be away on a cruise of three days or more, we ask that you park in the back row or near the fence.
E. PARKING IN THE FIELD
Parking in the Field above the paved lot is not allowed except during a few specific events, such as the Monhegan Race. Even during those events no overnight parking is permitted.
F. HOLY MARTYRS LOT
Holy Martyrs Church on Foreside Road has generally allowed guests to park in its lot on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. NO PARKING is permitted there on Saturdays and Sundays, on August 14-15, and any other day the parish may designate. Cars parked at Holy Martyrs on these days will be towed, and they could cause the loss of the parking privilege for everyone.
The Club may tow cars that violate this policy. To avoid the costs in money, time, and aggravation, please (1) obey the rules; (2) make sure you display this year’s sticker — last year’s sticker is not acceptable; (3) make sure the sticker is visible. If we can’t see it, it might as well not be there. For the good of all members, we patrol the lot during peak times.